Alice in Texas

Not writing here anymore- see top post for details of my new blogs.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

changes

I will be making some changes to the blog today, do not be alarmed.

later: OK, I know this blog is not exactly beautiful but I wanted a change and it's easy enough to put back like it was before.

I have added a tracking machine because I am firmly convinced that all you readers have gone away, and if that is the case then it would be time to give up, or at least restart in a totally different way. This is not a big-time blog designed to pull in lots of readers, but I don't believe in writing a blog for just three people, at that point you have to ask yourself why you dislike your only few friends so much you're not having them round for dinner every week instead, which would be better.

Hmmm.

3 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Rooster Cashews said...

I think it would be a shame for those of us who do read you to lose your unique voice. My blog gets a few hits, but I've decided that I'm not doing it for track backs and possible mention on one of the behemoths.

I'm doing it to rant, vent, and rediscover how good it is to see words play off each other. I'm also enjoying writing again without the worry of how content will be received. It is expression and openess like nothing else imaginable, and I love that.

In the end, I'm doing it for myself. Whether you have an audience of one, or one million, you should write for yourself. If it is done for anyone else, then I don't think it is being done for the right reasons.

Author Stephen King always says: "If you write for the money and fame, you're a monkey." Meaning: you are the organ grinder's monkey, and if you're going through the motions for adulation, you're doing it for the wrong reasons.
I have no desire to become another Stephen King, but I want to enjoy writing and take his words of advise to heart.

I like reading your thoughts and opinions, and have since before you took your last break. I hope you will continue.

And there's my two cents.

K in Dallas

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger alice said...

Thank you very much. I agree about writing for oneself rather than the audience, I just think if the audience really is tiny and not especially interested there may be other things one could do better at. Having said that, I'd rather advertise than go bust!

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger emma said...

I AM especially interested.

And I am not particularly tiny

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home